domingo, 17 de setembro de 2017


(The same applies, obviously, to other forms of art.)
Simplistic, yes (to start with, there are 774 million people in the world who can’t read and, in 2014-2016, 795 million people were starving); nonetheless, true. 
Could it/should it be otherwise? It's a question about which I have mixed feelings and, as it so often happens, no definite stand. If communication is almost the essence of living, noncommunication is a respectable option, and there is so much in between, both in terms of how you say something and to whom.
In his famous 1949 Lecture on Nothing, John Cage even stated: 

I have nothing to say
and I am saying it
and that is poetry
as I need it

I suppose we must agree with Mortimer Wheeler when, talking about archaeology, he said: "There is no right way of digging, but there are many wrong ways".
Or, as the vox populi says, "Opinions are like assholes; everybody has one".

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário